Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Housecleaning Helper

For the past couple of weeks, I've been documenting Weston's attempts to help with the housework while we are staying with my in-laws.  Sadly I haven't taken any pictures of him helping in the laundry room, although that is his favorite place to help.  My in-laws have these beautiful (I lust after them!) front load washer and front load dryer which is perfect for my son because he loves to scoot in between them while laundry is being done.  He lets me know that everything is washing just perfectly.  Wish I had a pic of that, but here are a few pics I have caught :)!


Okay friends!  This is my favorite chore - emptying the dishwasher.  I'm in charge of removing all the clean silverware.  Mom especially likes it when I remove the sharpest knives I can find.


For those dishes that can't go in the dishwasher, I help Mama Ann clean them in the sink.  Man she works me to death!


Now it is time to work on cleaning out the cabinets.  Mom, where would you like me to put these Ziplock bags.  I was thinking about putting them in this next door cabinet with the pots and pans.


Oh mom, you caught me trying to help you clean out the kitchen drawers.  I know you liked what I did with the cabinets so I thought I'd add my special touch to this, my favorite, drawer.


Now it is time to fold the clean sheets.


This job is a little harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I'll just stick to watching the sheets get cleaned in the laundry room.


What did you say mom?  It is time to take a little break from all this work and play a little Rock Band.



Well Mama Ann, you are doing okay, but let me show you how a Rock Band expert does it!


These chores have worn me out!!  Now it is time for a siesta!!!




4 comments:

  1. So so so so cute. He is a muffin! (that's another word for cute):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I think our sons are almost exactly the same age, so I can relate to your post... especially regarding the "help" with dishes and the favorite drawer.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca - where did you find that crib border thing? It's like a bumper pad but better! We need to get our hands on one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrie - Jennifer Smith made it for us. I need to learn how to sew them myself.

    ReplyDelete