Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dear Cracker Barrel, Thank you for being wonderful!

October was a rough month for the Corley Family blog!  Hopefully November will keep all 3 of my blog readers more entertained!

As a family we have been traveling a lot lately. Job interviews. Family weddings.  Road trips to Michigan.  We've had lots of family adventures.  But one tried and true thing that we have been able to count on whether we are in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, or Indiana is that wonderful brown, yellow, and white sign that declares "A Cracker Barrel Old Country Store is just a ahead".




Now if you had asked me 6 months ago if I'd ever been to the Cracker Barrel website I would of looked at you like you had definitely been smoking something.  But now it is the first website I go to when we are planning our trip.  I plan our lunch/dinner stops for every trip we take.  Call me crazy, but I like to have a plan!

You may be asking why?  Don't you have to pay a tip?  Doesn't it take longer to get your food?

Yes to both of those questions!  And it is totally worth it!  No meal with a 15 month old is quick.  Fast food is not really fast when you are trying to feed yourself and any small children.  Also, after my sweet little boy (who doesn't necessarily sleep well in the car) has been in the car for 3 to 4 hours, both we and he need a break.  And that break better consist of him using up as much energy has possible.

So here are a few reasons that I have fallen in love with Cracker Barrel.  If I was truly creative then they would be in the form of a song or poem or rap, but you'll have to settle for my list.  Enjoy!

Ode to Cracker Barrel - How do I love thee! Let me count the ways!

1.  I really think there is a CB every 50 miles or so.  It makes planning a trip very easy :)!
2.  A porch full of rocking chairs that Weston can walk up and down and make each chair rock back and forth.  A marvelous use for pent-up energy!!
3.  A whole store to walk around and explore.  There is nothing more exciting than emptying a bucket of candles or lip gloss and then filling it back up!  That spells N-O B-O-R-E-D-O-M while we wait for our food.
4.  High chairs that fit the tables and actually have straps that keep Weston from trying to stand up and turn around when he gets bored of eating.  Does anyone else's child try to do that?!?
5.  Veggies that my child will eat!  He can make a plate of CB carrots and green beans disappear like a ninja on a dark night!
6.  Oh and the biscuits and cornbread.  Not only do I love them but Weston could eat his weight in those things!  Nothing like yummy food to keep your child entertained!
7.  That great triangle game at the table is like a built in toy to play with while we wait for those yummy biscuits to be delivered!



8.  Did I mention the store for my wild child to walk around in and explore?!?  That reason needed to be mentioned again :)!
9.  Sensational changing tables! Yes, I said sensational!  If you don't have a child then I know you haven't taken note of any changing tables.  But when you've had to change a filled-to-capacity diaper (and a whole outfit for that matter because the diaper leaked) and you have to do that in a crammed gas station or McDonald's bathroom on a changing table that is dangling precariously over a toilet, you'll begin to take notice of sensational changing tables.  Most CBs have a full, marble-like counter that has enough room for your child and their diaper bag!  Sensational!
10.  And my favorite CB amenity, the above mentioned changing table is usually in the men's restroom as well.  Dad can no longer look at you with a twinkle in his eye and say, "Honey, I'd LOVE to help out with that leaky, smelly diaper but there isn't a changing table in the men's bathroom.  Bummer because I was really looking forward to changing it!"  CB has thought of everything to make your trip with crazy children just a little bit better.

Here's to delicious buttermilk biscuits!
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment