Shabby Blog Background

Thursday, October 13, 2011

A week in the life of...

If you know me at all then you probably are aware that I enjoy having a bit of structure in my life.  Some people might call it Type A...I just call it Blessed Organization :)!  I'm pretty sure that even my spontaneity is planned!

Well at the Corleyrosa we have some things that happen each and every week.  (If you occasionally do read this little blog then it is obvious that blogging is not one of those weekly activities :)! )

A trip the library - I would like to say it is because my boys love literature and learning and long to sit and read all day.  But really it is for the puzzles and cool train table. Oh well!


Mom's Bible Study at Grace Fellowship - I always preface this trip by saying something like this to Weston, "Guess what bud?  We are going to go to church and play with your friends and eat animal crackers!!  Doesn't that sound like fun?!?"  (Note: It is important to not mention the word nursery in this conversation.  We avoid that word :) )  Even with that description Weston's weekly response is usually, "I like library."  Translated from Toddlerese: Lets go to the library instead.  Oh well!

A trip to the Park - Really it is the playground but Weston says park much easier so we just leave it at that!  This is a magical place...slides, swings, little pieces of rubber tire used as "fill dirt" that toddlers like to collect and leave in random places (or at least my toddler).  We love to meet friends here!  The McCalls and McKinnons and some of our favorites :)!  The only way to get Weston to leave this magical place without a breakdown is the promise of apple juice and cheddar goldfish that await him in the car!  We don't leave the house without a bag of cheddar goldfish :)!







And a week at the Corleyrosa would not be complete without garbage pickup!  Since we live out in the country we pay the mother/son team at Macon Sanitation to haul our garbage away.  It takes about 5-7 minutes for them to get our trash and our neighbors (slow truck, gravel roads, etc.)  Not only do I appreciate this day because they tote off the 300 lbs of dirty diapers that we have produced, but for that 5-7 minutes I don't have to worry about Weston and what he might be doing.  I know he will be planted on the front porch in his Elmo chair watching the show.  And this show, like our ABC Elmo DVD that we have watched 100 times, never gets old :)!


Here's to Blessed Organization,
Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment